Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Ziggy-related challenge we want to promote

By Rick Morris

The chance to meet great people and form relationships with them has been so valuable to us as we have built the FDH brands. One of the great thrills thus far was to interview Ziggy cartoonist Tom Wilson (as one of only two in-studio interviews in the history of our FDH LOUNGE program!) and get to know him and form a friendship.

As such, we would be inclined to promote Tom's latest good work even if we at FDH did not have our own difficult family run-ins with cancer.

Here is Tom's initiative, in his own words:

"My wife, Susan Shephard Wilson, died in my arms on November 18, 2000. She was forty-four years old. From the moment she was diagnosed with Stage 3b invasive breast cancer, Susan, who had always been my strength, began to teach me what it truly means to LIVESTRONG ...

Zig-Zagging: Loving Madly, Losing Badly…How Ziggy Saved My Life, came from the journaling I did in an effort to make sense for myself of the seven years my family battled the consuming, insidious disease that is cancer. The decision to publish the raw, emotional, and painful story of our personal war against cancer and my personal struggle against the crippling grief, was in the hope that telling it might bring comfort to someone else struggling along a similar path of cancer diagnosis ...

ZIGGY’s MILLION DOLLAR LIVESTRONG CHALLENGE is OUR opportunity to come together to make a real difference! Through this campaign starting November 18, the anniversary of Susan’s death, to January 19, her birthday, I am donating 100% of my personal royalties to LIVESTRONG, and coupled with the HCI affiliate program, that averages out to roughly $4.50 from every purchase of Zig-Zagging to the LIVESTRONG organization when ordered from this link. My HOPE is that together we will raise a MILLION dollars (or more!)for LIVESTRONG over the next two months!

With love,

Tom Wilson

…and Ziggy"

This book would certainly make a wonderful Christmas present. I found it very inspiring and I plan to have a review up on our site well before the challenge period is done so that people can learn more and thus put themselves in a position to benefit from reading it.

Please consider taking part in this challenge by purchasing the book. You will certainly gain from it and you will be helping a great cause as well.

No comments: