Saturday, December 12, 2009

Heisman Trophy preview

By Rick Morris

We previewed the Heisman Trophy award show on our FDH LOUNGE program this week (Wednesdays, 7-10 PM EDT on SportsTalkNetwork.com) and opinions varied. As for mine, I would give the award to Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh (even if I can't pronounce his name, as I definitively proved on the program!) with Stanford RB Toby Gerhart as my top pick among the "realistic candidates." While Suh had a truly dominant year, realistically, defensive players are lucky to even get invited because of the insane bias towards offensive skill position players. 'Bama RB Mark Ingram is my third pick.

However, these do not align with my predictions, which are as follows:

1 Ingram (bolstered by a TON of late votes who were no doubt impressed by the SEC Title Game)
2 Texas QB Colt McCoy (a close second)
3 Gerhart
4 Florida QB Tim Tebow (nominated as the Heisman equivalent of the Lifetime Achievement Award)
5 Suh

No comments: