Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sportsology: Tiffani Theissen & the new White Collar show

Posted by Rick Morris

Courtesy of our good friends at Sportsology, fellow members of The 21st Century Media Alliance, here is a great profile about an excellent new show on the USA network.

Tiffani Theissen Loves Her New Role
By Russ Cohen

Tiffani Theissen will always be remembered for her roles on “Saved By the Bell” and “Beverly Hills 90210” but now she is playing a role that she absolutely loves. She is Elizabeth Burke, and her new show is the USA hit White Collar, which airs every Friday at 10/9C.

“Ever since I read the script, which has been a little over a year ago now, I fell in love with it. I fell in love with the characters. I fell in love with the show, and more and more, when the cast was brought together, the more excitement I had for the show and wanting to be a part of it,” she said joyfully. “This is really the first time I feel like in my whole entire career which has been over 25, 26 years of doing this that I finally feel like I’m kind of playing a role a little closer to home for me, which is kind of exciting.”

Wow, that is a strong statement from this veteran actress, who is expecting her first child, and now this entire experience puts her in uncharted water.

“You know, that’s a very good question in the sense that I really don’t know being that I am a first-time mom, so it’ll be a very different kind of thing for me being that I’ll be working and being a mother at the same time. There are millions of people who do it. My mom did it herself, so I know I can handle it, but it’ll be a very new experience, so it’s hard to say what is going to be like. It’ll be all brand new for me.”

Why should viewers tune into White Collar?

“Oh gosh, well, besides having really cute guys on the show, it’s definitely the type of TV and movies that I like to see. I’m a huge fan of The Thomas Crown Affair and those kinds of feels of movies and shows and 48 Hours, which is so interesting, Catch Me If You Can, things like that,” she said playfully. “If people are really into those kinds of movies and those kind of story-telling, they have to watch this show. It is so absolutely entertaining. The characters are so rich and so fun to watch and follow.

“As well as you see New York City in a completely different way. It’s shot in a beautiful way. It’s interesting, a lot of shows that are shot in New York City can be a little more dark and gray, and this show really, I think, kind of captures New York City in a really beautiful light, and it’s nice.”

Theissen has embraced her past and now looks forward to the future.

“Yes, well, it’s bittersweet at times. There’s good and bad. There are people who of course followed my career and who have loved the shows that I’ve done in the past and are always up to seeing something new of myself or any of my past co-stars, which is really wonderful. Then there’s always people who have opinions, and of course, that’s how the world works, and that’s A-OK.

“Some people were really open and loving to the fact that I’m actually playing a role that’s quite different than what I’ve played in the past. Like I said, it’s definitely much more close to home for me, this character, but some people had a hard time with it. Some people didn’t believe the relationship between Tim and I, which is so funny to me because we had chemistry from day one, but that’s how the entertainment business works. That’s how people are, and that’s okay. Everybody has their opinions.”

Our opinion is this show is a hit. Check out the video of Lisa Marie Latino interviewing stars Tim DeKay (Peter Burke) and Neal Caffrey (Matt Bomer).

No comments: