Monday, September 8, 2008

Olbermann, Matthews Benched

By Tony Mazur

Just last week, I posted a blog about my hatred toward Keith Olbermann and MSNBC for their poor excuse for unbiased journalism during the Republican National Convention. Apparently I wasn't the only "blogger" who felt this way.

Courtesy of The New York Times:

"After months of accusations of political bias and simmering animosity between MSNBC and its parent network NBC, the channel decided over the weekend that the NBC News correspondent and MSNBC host David Gregory would anchor news coverage of the coming debates and election night. Mr. Olbermann and Mr. Matthews will remain as analysts during the coverage."

I'm glad somebody put this curmudgeon in his place. I'm sure everyone reading this blog has already figured out which side of the fence I lean, but I try to see both sides of the playing field. When I took a break from Sean Hannity and Karl Rove on Fox News, I flipped through the channels to see what the other networks were saying (even CNN-the Clinton/Communist News Network). Thankfully Fox News is one channel above MSNBC on my digital cable box, so I can flip to it as fast as I can.

During the Democratic National Convention, Olbermann and the MSNBC reporters shed tears for Ted Kennedy, and salivated over Barack Obama's rock star persona. One week later, at the RNC, it was back to typical left-winged journalism, complete with McCain-Palin trashing and quotes taken out of context (following Sarah Palin's speech on Wednesday night, MSNBC reporters criticized her for not writing the said speech, and accused her of making false claims towards the Obama camp).

Maybe Olbermann can go over to Air America to spout his hatred toward anything that leans right.

Speaking of Air America, Rachel Maddow, will host her own show on MSNBC starting today at 9 p.m ET. Way to go, MSNBC. You ban Olbermann and Matthews from political roundtables for fear of people finding out about your perceived liberal bias, and then you hire an Air America radio personality, who feels AIDS research and gay marriage are the nation's biggest issues, to directly compete against "Hannity & Colmes". It's almost comical.

No comments: