Friday, August 17, 2007

The GOP YouTube debate will happen

By Rick Morris

After some doubt, the Republican YouTube presidential debate is now back on, scheduled for November 28. The Pullins Report, a fine online newsletter dealing with all aspects of public policy published by my longtime friend Scott Pullins, has the details. He was part of the Save the Debate coalition dedicated to making sure that the doubts sown by the leading contenders would not be enough to sink the event itself.

As I indicated on The FDH Lounge show when we discussed this event, I believe that the candidates are obliged to attend this debate, but I do believe that they are well within their rights to refuse to answer any asinine agenda questions or anything undignified (i.e. a query from some creep in a snowman's suit). There should be a minimum baseline of dignity for any event, but I believe that these aspirants should show up and keep an open mind on what they will and will not address. I urge the readers of this blog to follow the Save the Debate link and submit questions to be asked.

No comments: