Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Wednesday

By Rick Morris

This past Sunday, a priest at my parish noted that on a week with Super Sunday and Super Tuesday, Ash Wednesday was actually a Super Day bigger than the others. I agree with that sentiment, as I’m sure many do.

I am a Roman Catholic who is celebrating Ash Wednesday and I believe strongly that the sentiment of the day transcends any parochial religious differences that believers may have. The message that we come from ashes and will return to that form someday is indisputable. On this day, regardless of your religious preference, I urge you to look within yourselves and ponder the big picture for a moment. Do you feel like you’re going in the right direction, just in a general sense? Real wisdom comes from the capacity for introspection, so if you devote the time to honestly take the measure of yourself and examine what is working and what is not, it should lead you in the right direction regardless of what you see.

No comments: