Sunday, October 19, 2008

W. - Another Pre-Election Smear Job

By Tony Mazur

Oliver Stone's W. was released to movie theaters across the country, in yet another way for the left to shove their agenda down our throats. Surprisingly, the movie received mixed reviews. I was asked by a friend of mine to go see it, but I had to work on Friday night. And even if I were to join him, it would be on his dime.

W. is about the life and career of the 43rd President of the United States, George W. Bush. Oliver Stone wanted this movie to prove to the American people that not only was President Bush's reign in office an utter disaster, but his entire life was in disarray. Again, I want to stress that I did not see this movie. In fact, I have absolutely no urge to run out and purchase a ticket. But from what I saw in the previews, it's portrays Mr. Bush as a raging alcoholic, womanizer, and drug abuser. It even showed George H. W. and his wife Barbara screaming at each other like a couple about to sign divorce papers.

I overheard an interview with the star of the film, Josh Brolin, and he mentioned that Stone did a great job with the limited information he was given.

So basically, Oliver Stone, a respected filmmaker, exaggerated many parts to this movie. Sounds suspiciously like Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911.

I find it rather humorous that President Bush and John McCain's background checks have been made public, but we still do not know anything about Barack Obama.

The perception the majority of America has about Obama is most likely a lie. He was not raised poor. If lil' Barry were living in the pits, he would not have been able to attend prestigious schools such as Punahou, Columbia, and Harvard.

I would love to bring more about Obama's life to the table, but I don't know that much else. And neither do we.

If this man become the 44th President of this great country, I would love to see a movie about him. Actually, I lied. I probably wouldn't see it. The Obama love-fest would go on for so long, many idiotic movie-goers would confuse the man for Jesus Christ.

For casting purposes for an Obama movie, Denzel Washington would probably be cast as Barack, and Janet Jackson could be Michelle. Knowing Hollywood, they'd hire Mickey Rooney to portray John McCain, and Sarah Palin would be played by- well, you know who.

No comments: